Apple have released MacOS Mojave, the latest version of OSX.
New features include:
- Stacks to organise desktop clutter
- Gallery view for browsing photos & videos
- Markup tools added to Quicklook and screenshots
- Group FaceTime (up to 32 participants)
- Enhanced security in Safari
To upgrade to Mojave, you will need one of the following Macs:
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013; Mid 2010 and Mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics cards)
You must already be running OS X v10.8 or later and have at least 2GB of RAM and 12.5GB of free space. As with all system updates, there may be incompatibilities between existing software and the new system. Please ensure all of your software and hardware is compatible before upgrading.